Self-cognition Theory (Constructionism)
What is Constructionism?
Constructionism An educational theory developed by Professor Seymour Papert of M.I.T. (Massachusette Institute of Technology). Theory of constructivism. (1) It is a learning theory that emphasizes learners as self-builders.
New Experience / New Knowledge + Original Experience / Original Knowledge = New Knowledge
Seymour Papert commented, Learning Theory The first is that the learner learns by creating new knowledge. It is not only the information that flows into the brain of the learner. Knowledge comes from interpreting the experience gained. Notice that while we Do one thing. We will not relent. We'll think about how to fix that.
The second thing is that the learning process is most effective. If the process is meaningful to the learner
The above can be summarized as follows.
1. The principle that learners have created their own knowledge. Principles of Learning Theory Constructionism is the creation of self-knowledge. Have students engage in self-directed learning activities or interact with meaningful external environments. This includes the interaction between the learner's own knowledge. Experience and external environment Learning will work if the student understands themselves. Knowing what is important in learning and connecting knowledge between new knowledge and old knowledge (knowing what they learned) and creating new knowledge. And when considering the learning that occurs in the classroom, usually happens in the classroom can be shown as Figure.
Teacher ---> learners
2. Principles that hold learners as learning centers. The teacher should try to teach the atmosphere. It allows students to practice their own learning activities with a variety of choice choices and learn how to relate knowledge to new knowledge and knowledge. The teachers are helpers and facilitators.
3. Principles of learning from experience and environment. This principle emphasizes the importance of learning together (social value), making the view that people are another source of knowledge. Theoretical teaching Constructionism It is an experience to prepare people to face the world. If the learner sees that a person is an important source of knowledge and can exchange knowledge. When he finishes, he will adapt easily and work with others effectively.
4. The principles of technology as a tool to seek self-knowledge from the source of knowledge, resulting in ingrained behavior when learners. "Learn how to learn"
The role and qualities that teachers should have in teaching constructionism.
In theory teaching. Constructionism Teachers themselves play a very important role in controlling the process to achieve the goals set. Teachers who study this theory should have an understanding of the role. Features that teachers should have. Include the attitude that teachers should change and what to consider.
• To conduct teaching activities. Teachers should know their role clearly. Teachers are the key to successful teaching. So, should know their role is.
• Provide an appropriate learning environment. By controlling the learning process to achieve the goals set and facilitating the smooth operation of the students.
• Provide feedback and provide useful information to the learner on the appropriate occasion (observing learners' learning behaviors and learning atmosphere at all times).
• The opportunity for learners to learn theories. Constructionism emphasizes self-learning. It encourages students to participate in a broader learning activity. Also, listening and encouraging the learners to learn to self-realization.
• Helps link learners' opinions and learning outcomes. Encourage and guide learners to know how to analyze learning behaviors. For students to use it to benefit.
Qualities that teachers should have in teaching style. Constructionism
• Understanding theories. Constructionism And ready to allow students to learn the theoretical approach. Constructionism
• Have good knowledge of the content.
• Have human understanding. It is enough to be able to examine the mind of the learner and draw the mind of the learner to express it as much as possible.
• Always develops physically, intellectually, and mentally. Teachers should know themselves and develop their knowledge of their personality better. I do not think my mind is always right. Understand and admit that people are different. Do not expose students to the superficial.
• Good human relations with students. Because of the good human relations of the teachers, the atmosphere in teaching and learning is friendly and friendly to each other.
• Teachers should have the skills to communicate with learners. In teaching, the teacher always communicates with the learner. The meaning should be clear, not unclear, use the rhetoric to suit the time. It is important for students to be able to communicate with each other. (The meaning of each student is not the same, because the learner is not aware and learning is not the same.)
• Good command of spoken and written English.